Keith Bedford/Globe staff
1. Former New England Patriots star Aaron Hernandez was discovered hanging in his cell Wednesday morning at approximately 3:05 a.m.
2. Hernandez used a bedsheet that he attached to his window and also attempted to block his door from the inside by jamming it with various items.
3. He was transported to UMass Memorial in Leominster, where he was pronounced dead at 4:07 a.m.
4. Investigators are poring over his cell but so far have not found anything that resembles a suicide note.
5. Hernandez’s suicide comes five days after he was acquitted of murdering two men in Boston in 2012.
6. Hernandez was already serving a life sentence for the murder of Odin Lloyd.
The fashion industry is built on glamour and allure, but many models, especially the very young, know it for something else: sexual exploitation and abuse.Continue reading »
If you take two recent examples — one local, one national — you will see the reason we need to have this talk.Continue reading »
Elementary school principal Tom Daniels announced earlier this month that she would henceforth be known as Shannon.Continue reading »
Parkland. Las Vegas. Sutherland Springs. Newtown. On and on: In America, mass shootings have become so familiar that they seem to follow the same sad script.Continue reading »
The FBI hatched a deal to bring Mako back from El Salvador in 2013, a year after he finished a lengthy prison sentence.Continue reading »
The former host of WBUR’s “On Point” talks about how he was fired for being a toxic boss, and what he would have done differently.Continue reading »
House Minority Leader Brad Jones doesn’t want the party to assist antigay GOP candidate Scott Lively.Continue reading »
Her father was not who he said he was. He had secrets, secrets that Lisa would uncover, years later, when she set out to answer the question that burned in her: Who am I?Continue reading »
What happens when you become president of the world’s most prestigious university? Suddenly everyone has advice for you.Continue reading »