1. Former New England Patriots star Aaron Hernandez was discovered hanging in his cell Wednesday morning at approximately 3:05 a.m.
2. Hernandez used a bedsheet that he attached to his window and also attempted to block his door from the inside by jamming it with various items.
3. He was transported to UMass Memorial in Leominster, where he was pronounced dead at 4:07 a.m.
4. Investigators are poring over his cell but so far have not found anything that resembles a suicide note.
5. Hernandez’s suicide comes five days after he was acquitted of murdering two men in Boston in 2012.
6. Hernandez was already serving a life sentence for the murder of Odin Lloyd.