The mother of a victim of the 2012 Sandy Hook massacre is speaking out against
Megyn Kelly and her new network, NBC, for an interview set to be aired next week featuring conspiracy-theorist Alex Jones.
Nelba Marquez-Greene’s daughter, Ana, was six years old when she was shot and killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School along with 19 classmates and six adults. Marquez-Greene spoke out in a series of tweets Sunday night and Monday against Kelly and NBC for choosing to interview Jones, who has called the massacre a hoax.
Marquez-Greene called for Kelly to include equal time for victims of the tragedies Jones has called a hoax. In one tweet, she highlighted what she called the “cruelty” of Alex Jones being aired on Father’s Day, when many of the fathers who lost their young children are grieving.
In a clip previewing the pre-taped interview released Sunday, Kelly says she talked “talked controversies and conspiracies” with Jones, who has previously called the massacre “completely fake,” and called the murdered children “actors.”
In the Kelly interview, Jones describes the massacre as “complex” and says that government was behind the terrorist attacks on September 11th, 2001.
Marquez-Greene was joined by a host of others on Twitter and elsewhere condemning the interview.
In a Tweet posted late Sunday, Kelly responded to critics, arguing that she’s shining a light on a figure who has been praised by President Trump. Kelly also said Jones’s website, Infowars, is receiving White House press credentials. The site did receive a temporary press pass last month but it’s unclear whether it is email@example.com. Follow her on Twitter @cprignano.