Next Score View the next score

    Timeline: The history of serial killer Terry Peder Rasmussen

    Terry Peder Rasmussen in a photo estimated to be from the late 1950s or early 1960s.
    Terry Peder Rasmussen in a photo estimated to be from the late 1950s or early 1960s.

    A timeline of confirmed events released by the New Hampshire Attorney General’s office.

    Dec. 23, 1943
    Born in Colorado as Terry Peder Rasmussen

    July 1958 – April 1961
    Resided in Phoenix with family

    1959 – 1960
    Attended North High School, Phoenix, Ariz. Stopped after sophomore year


    April 1961
    Enlisted in the US Navy.

    Get Metro Headlines in your inbox:
    The 10 top local news stories from metro Boston and around New England delivered daily.
    Thank you for signing up! Sign up for more newsletters here

    July 1967
    Discharged from the US Navy.

    Moved to Hawaii. Rasmussen worked in his parents’ shoe shop.

    July 20, 1968
    Married wife in Hawaii.

    Moved to Phoenix, Ariz. Twin daughters born. Worked as an electrician for boss “Otto” (company unknown).


    Rasmussen family moved to Redwood City, Calif. He worked as an electrician in Palo Alto, Calif. Rasmussen’s son is born.

    Rasmussen’s daughter is born. Rasmussen and his wife separate temporarily.

    1973 (approx.)
    Rasmussen and family move back to Phoenix. Rasmussen again works for “Otto.” He also works in a shoe shop.

    Rasmussen’s wife and children leave him.

    1974 December
    Rasmussen arrives unexpectedly to visit his wife and children in Payson, Ariz. He is in the company of an unidentified female. Rasmussen indicates he was living at the Casa Del Rey Apartments in Ingleside, Texas. This is the last time Rasmussen’s family ever sees him.


    1978 June
    Rasmussen works for the “Brown & Root” Company (currently KBR) in Houston, Texas. Record indicates Rasmussen “quit to work elsewhere.”

    Rasmussen contacts friend in Arizona and asks for money. He states he is in Texas working on an oil rig.

    Sept. 28, 1978
    Divorce finalized. Rasmussen’s whereabouts unknown.

    1978-1979 (approx.)
    Rasmussen worked at Waumbec Mills as head electrician, Bob Evans.

    February 1980
    Rasmussen arrested in Manchester, N.H., as Robert T. Evans for issuing a bad check on 12/21/1979 (insufficient funds).

    May 1980
    Rasmussen arrested in Manchester, N.H., as Robert T. Evans for theft of services (electricity).

    October 1980
    Rasmussen arrested in Manchester, N.H., as Robert T. Evans for diverting electric current.

    November 1981
    Denise Beaudin goes missing shortly after Thanksgiving with her 6-month-old daughter and her boyfriend, Bob Evans from Manchester, N.H.

    March 1984 - May 1985
    Rasmussen was hired under name Curtis Kimball by electrical company in Los Alamitos, Calif.

    May 1985
    Rasmussen arrested in Cypress, Calif., as Curtis Mayo Kimball for DUI.

    November 1985
    First barrel found adjacent to Bear Brook State Park, Allenstown, N.H., containing an unidentified adult female (23-33 years of age) and female child (5-11 years of age).

    January 1986
    Rasmussen in Santa Cruz County, California living & working at the Holiday Host RV Park in Scotts Valley under name Gordon Jenson.

    June 1986
    Rasmussen abandoned a child (Denise Beaudin’s daughter) in California and fled.

    September 1986
    Fingerprints match between Gordon Jenson and Curtis Kimball confirming they were the same person.

    November 1988
    Rasmussen pulled over in San Luis Obispo, Calif., driving a stolen vehicle from Preston, Idaho.

    March 1989
    Rasmussen arrested in California on warrants for child abandonment and sentenced to 3 years.

    October 1990
    Rasmussen was paroled and absconded the following day in California.

    June 1998
    Rasmussen pulled over in California under the name Lawrence William Vanner and cited for not having insurance or a driver’s license.

    May 2000
    Second barrel found adjacent to Bear Brook State Park in Allenstown, N.H., containing two unidentified female children (2-4 years of age) and (1-3 years of age).

    June 2002
    Rasmussen’s girlfriend, Eunsoon Jun, disappears from Richmond, Calif.

    November 2002
    Rasmussen arrested for Eunsoon Jun’s homicide and parole violation.

    June 2003
    Rasmussen convicted of Eunsoon Jun’s murder and sentenced to 15 years to life.

    August 2003
    DNA testing confirmed that Rasmussen was not the biological father to the child he abandoned (Denise Beaudin’s daughter).

    December 2010
    Rasmussen died in prison.

    July 2016
    The California San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Office contacted New Hampshire authorities in reference to Rasmussen and his connection to New Hampshire.

    October 2016
    DNA confirmed that Rasmussen was the biological father of the unidentified 2-4 year old little girl found dead in Allenstown, N.H., in 2000.

    January 2017
    Authorities release details on Robert “Bob” Evans and his connection to the Allenstown homicides and disappearance of Denise Beaudin.

    July 2017
    Authorities complete DNA testing confirming the man known as Robert “Bob” Evans is actually Terry Peder Rasmussen.