Power system batteries spark 2-alarm fire in Natick condo complex
A set of batteries for a power system in a Natick condominium building caught fire Monday morning, officials said.
The 2-alarm fire, which was reported around 8:50 a.m., was contained to the 11-story building’s electrical room on the first floor, causing minimal damage, Natick Deputy Fire Chief Peter Carney said. No injuries were reported.
Responders temporarily shut down the power to the building at 10 Nouvelle Way, and the fire “basically went out almost on its own,” Carney said.
The cause of the blaze is under investigation, and power has been restored to the building, which contains about 50 condo units, Carney said.