Acton man dies from injuries sustained in son’s violent rampage in home
An Acton man died from the injuries he sustained when he and his wife were attacked by their 25-year-old son last Thursday, and the son now faces a murder charge, according to Acton police and the Middlesex district attorney’s office.
John DiCristina, 57, was stabbed multiple times in the neck at his home on Haynes Court and died Oct. 7, prosecutors said.
Benjamin DiCristina will be arraigned on a murder charge on Oct. 25 in Concord District Court, the release said. He was previously arraigned in that courthouse on two counts of armed assault with intent to murder, two counts of assault and battery causing serious bodily injury, assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, domestic assault and battery, and strangulation, according to the district attorney’s office.
Prosecutors said the trouble began around 10:30 p.m. Oct. 4, when DiCristina’s wife heard their son screaming in his bedroom, rushed into the room, and found him on top of his girlfriend with his hands around her neck.
The 56-year-old mother tried to intervene, and DiCristina then jumped in to help. The mother received several cuts to her face “from the scissors DiCristina was wielding,” and DiCristina’s 28-year-old girlfriend suffered a stab wound to the chest, according to a police report filed in court.
During the assault, Benjamin DiCristina was screaming that he was possessed by demons and that people were telling him to kill his girlfriend, the police report said.
His father was stabbed multiple times in the neck during the altercation. He was found by police on the floor, a pool of blood around his head, the report said.
First responders found that he had no pulse and began performing CPR on him, the report said.
Benjamin DiCristina is being held without bail and has been ordered to undergo a mental health evaluation.