A two-alarm fire ripped through a multifamily residence in Lynn, displacing 17 people on Thanksgiving night, officials said.
The flames, which broke out at 18-20 Grover St. shortly after 8:30 p.m., were brought under control sometime around 11:30 p.m., officials said.
The fire appears to have been sparked by an electrical issue in the basement. The flames moved up the walls of the house, and smoke was visible on the third floor by the time firefighters arrived, officials said.
Two firefighters suffered minor injuries, one to the foot and the other to the shoulder, Lynn Fire Chief Stephen Archer said. Both were treated at a local hospital, Archer said.
Most of the fire damage was contained to the second and third floors of the house, though officials said the building could be a total loss.
Strong winds and “excessive” cold posed difficulties to crews fighting the flames, Archer said.Abigail Feldman can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.