Bill Cosby is in prison for sexual assault, but his team is apparently happy to see one of his movies on TV
A spokesman for disgraced comedian Bill Cosby, who’s imprisoned in Pennsylvania for sexual assault, took to the entertainer’s official Twitter feed on Sunday to thank Turner Classic Movies for airing one of his old films.
“Thank you TCM (Turner Classic Movies) for keeping the legacy alive by airing ‘California Suite’ starring an Elite list of Hollywood Icons,” said the message posted to Cosby’s Twitter account. “#BillCosby, Richard Pryor, Jane Fonda, Alan Alda, Walter Matthau, Michael Caine and Shelia Frazier. #TCM #CaliforniaSuite #FarFromFinished.”
Cosby, 81, does not have access to the Internet behind bars; no inmates in the Pennsylvania DOC system do, an agency spokeswoman said.
Andrew Wyatt, a Cosby spokesman, confirmed in a brief phone interview that he had posted the message on behalf of his jailed client.
Asked how Cosby’s holding up in prison, Wyatt said, “He’s doing very well. He has no complaints. The officers are doing their job, [and] he just follows the rules. He’s holding up very well. He looks great.”
The fallen entertainer is serving a 3-to-10-year state prison term for sexually assaulting a woman in his suburban Philadelphia mansion in 2004. His Twitter account still has more than 3.5 million followers.
Cosby also faces civil litigation in federal court in Massachusetts brought by multiple women who allege that the once-beloved comedian raped and sexually assaulted them and later defamed them as liars when they went public with their claims.
Cosby and his wife own a home in Shelburne Falls.
A status report filed Friday in the Massachusetts case said one of the women who filed suit died earlier this month, and “a hearing on the appointment of a personal representative is scheduled to be held on February 19, 2019, and that, once a representative of the estate is appointed, the Plaintiffs will move this Court to substitute the representative as a party Plaintiff.”
The filing also noted that the “parties are prepared to go forward with the status conference currently scheduled for February 28, 2019.”
Dozens of women have come forward in recent years to accuse Cosby of drugging and sexually assaulting them. He has repeatedly denied wrongdoing.