The US attorney’s office in Massachusetts has released a list of names of those charged in a nationwide college admissions cheating and recruitment scheme.
US Attorney Andrew Lelling, at a press conference Tuesday, referred to the parents charged in the plot as “a catalog of wealth and privilege.”
Here’s a look at who has been named, who they are, and the charges they face.
1. William Rick Singer, 58, of Newport Beach, Calif., owner of the Edge College Career Network and CEO of the Key Worldwide Foundation, was charged in an Information with racketeering conspiracy, money laundering conspiracy, conspiracy to defraud the United States, and obstruction of justice. He pleaded guilty in Boston before US District Court Judge Rya W. Zobel on Tuesday at 2:30 p.m.
2. Mark Riddell, 36, of Palmetto, Fla., a counselor at a private school in Bradenton, Fla., was charged in an Information with conspiracy to commit mail fraud and honest services mail fraud as well as conspiracy to commit money laundering.
3. Rudolph “Rudy” Meredith, 51, of Madison, Conn., the former head women’s soccer coach at Yale University, was charged in an Information with conspiracy to commit wire fraud and honest services wire fraud as well as honest services wire fraud.
4. John Vandemoer, 41, of Stanford, Calif., the former sailing coach at Stanford University, was charged in an Information with racketeering conspiracy and was expected to plead guilty in Boston before US District Court Judge Rya W. Zobel on Tuesday at 3 p.m.
5. David Sidoo, 59, of Vancouver, Canada, was charged in an indictment with conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud. Sidoo was arrested on Friday, March 8th in San Jose, Calif., and appeared in US District Court for the Northern District of California on Monday. A date for his initial appearance in federal court in Boston has not yet been scheduled.
The following defendants were charged in an indictment with racketeering conspiracy:
6 . Igor Dvorskiy, 52, of Sherman Oaks, Calif., director of a private elementary and high school in Los Angeles and a test administrator for the College Board and ACT
7. Gordon Ernst, 52, of Chevy Chase, Md., former head coach of men and women’s tennis at Georgetown University
8. William Ferguson, 48, of Winston-Salem, N.C., former women’s volleyball coach at Wake Forest University
9. Martin Fox, 62, of Houston, Texas, president of a private tennis academy in Houston
10. Donna Heinel, 57, of Long Beach, Calif., the senior associate athletic director at the University of Southern California
11. Laura Janke, 36, of North Hollywood, Calif., former assistant coach of women’s soccer at the University of Southern California
12. Ali Khoroshahin, 49, of Fountain Valley, Calif., former head coach of women’s soccer at the University of Southern California
13. Steven Masera, 69, of Folsom, Calif., accountant and financial officer for the Edge College Career Network and the Key Worldwide Foundation
14. Jorge Salcedo, 46, of Los Angeles, Calif., former head coach of men’s soccer at the University of California at Los Angeles
15. Mikaela Sanford, 32, of Folsom, Calif., employee of the Edge College Career Network and the Key Worldwide Foundation
16. Jovan Vavic, 57, of Rancho Palos Verdes, Calif., former water polo coach at the University of Southern California
17. Niki Williams, 44, of Houston, Texas, assistant teacher at a Houston high school and test administrator for the College Board and ACT
The following defendant was charged in a criminal complaint with conspiracy to commit mail fraud and honest services mail fraud:
18. Michael Center, 54, of Austin, Texas, head coach of men’s tennis at the University of Texas at Austin
The following defendants were charged in a criminal complaint with conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud:
19. Gregory Abbott, 68, of New York, N.Y., the founder and chairman of a food and beverage packaging company
20. Marcia Abbott, 59, of New York, N.Y.
21. Gamal Abdelaziz, 62, of Las Vegas, Nev., the former senior executive of a resort and casino operator in Macau, China
22. Diane Blake, 55, of San Francisco, Calif., an executive at a retail merchandising firm
23. Todd Blake, 53, of San Francisco, Calif., an entrepreneur and investor
24. Jane Buckingham, 50, of Beverly Hills, Calif., the CEO of a boutique marketing company
25. Gordon Caplan, 52, of Greenwich, Conn., cochairman of an international law firm based in New York City
26. I-Hin “Joey” Chen, 64, of Newport Beach, Calif., operates a provider of warehousing and related services for the shipping industry
27. Amy Colburn, 59, of Palo Alto, Calif.
28. Gregory Colburn, 61, of Palo Alto, Calif.
29. Robert Flaxman, 62, of Laguna Beach, Calif., founder and CEO of real estate development firm
30. Mossimo Giannulli, 55, of Los Angeles, Calif., fashion designer
31. Elizabeth Henriquez, 56, of Atherton, Calif.
32. Manuel Henriquez, 55, of Atherton, Calif., founder, chairman, and CEO of a publicly traded specialty finance company
33. Douglas Hodge, 61, of Laguna Beach, Calif., former CEO of investment management company
34. Felicity Huffman, 56, of Los Angeles, Calif., an actress
35. Agustin Huneeus Jr., 53, of San Francisco, Calif., owner of wine vineyards
36. Bruce Isackson, 61, of Hillsborough, Calif., president of a real estate development firm
37. Davina Isackson, 55, of Hillsborough, Calif.
38. Michelle Janavs, 48, of Newport Coast, Calif., former executive of a large food manufacturer
39. Elisabeth Kimmel, 54, of Las Vegas, Nev., owner and president of a media company
40. Marjorie Klapper, 50, of Menlo Park, Calif., co-owner of jewelry business
41. Lori Loughlin, 54, of Los Angeles, Calif., an actress
42. Toby MacFarlane, 56, of Del Mar, Calif., former senior executive at a title insurance company
43. William McGlashan Jr., 55, of Mill Valley, Calif., senior executive at a global equity firm
44. Marci Palatella, 63, of Healdsburg, Calif., CEO of a liquor distribution company
45. Peter Jan Sartorio, 53, of Menlo Park, Calif., packaged food entrepreneur
46. Stephen Semprevivo, 53, of Los Angeles, Calif., executive at privately held provider of outsourced sales teams
47. Devin Sloane, 53, of Los Angeles, Calif., founder and CEO of provider of drinking and wastewater systems
48. John Wilson, 59, of Hyannis Port, Mass., founder and CEO of private equity and real estate development firm
49. Homayoun Zadeh, 57, of Calabasas, Calif., an associate professor of dentistry
50. Robert Zangrillo, 52, of Miami, Fla., founder and CEO of private investment firm