The North Andover Board of Selectmen, by a vote of 4 to 1, on Feb. 25 rejected an offer submitted by the Coalition for a Better Acre for the Bradstreet School and decided to issue a new request for proposals for the site. According to Town Manager Andrew W. Maylor, the coalition offered $300,000 for the vacant Main Street building. The coalition’s proposal called for tearing down the school and constructing a three-story structure in its place, with businesses on the ground floor and 24 residential units on the upper levels, Maylor said. The selectmen who rejected the offer said they wanted to see more retail space at the location in hopes of attracting more visitors to the downtown, Maylor said. Selectmen were not the only ones to voice concern about the proposal. Some residents said they were worried that the coalition’s proposal would create traffic congestion, and the North Andover Historical Commission opposed the deal because the developer wanted to demolish the school. Town Meeting voters last year authorized the Board of Selectmen to sell the school, which has been empty for more than five years.