Colby Maiola , North Reading: The senior centerfielder sparked a struggling Hornets offense in Tuesday’s 2-1 loss (eight innings) to Bellingham in the Division 3 state semifinals with two hits, also scoring the team’s only run in the second inning after crossing home on Scott Leslie’s RBI single to left field.
Mia Nowicki, St. Mary’s: In Wednesday’s 3-0 loss to Greater New Bedford in the Division 3 state semifinals, the freshman entered the game in the fifth inning and hurled three shutout innings of relief, registering five strikeouts.
Kristina Stella , Revere: The junior shortstop’s RBI double in the bottom of the first inning scored the first run that Bridgewater-Raynham had allowed all postseason; the Patriots eventually fell 3-1 in the Division 1 state semifinals.
Will Twiss , Masconomet: Behind the senior ace’s four-hit shutout against a potent Gloucester lineup in last Saturday’s 5-0 win in the Division 2 North Final, the Chieftains captured their second consecutive sectional title.
Kayla Von Kahle , Tewksbury: The freshman knocked in the Redmen’s only two runs in Wednesday’s 3-2 loss to Bellingham in the Division 2 state semifinals with a two-run single in the bottom of the second inning.
Saade’s Top 10 baseball teams
1. St. John’s Prep (17-6); lost to Braintree, 5-4, in Super 8, 3d round
2. Lowell (16-7); lost to Lincoln-Sudbury, 4-1, in Super 8, 2d round
3. Andover (16-9); lost to Norwood, 2-1, in D1 state semifinals
4. Masconomet (22-2); beat Westwood, 10-2, in D2 state final.
5. Gloucester (20-3); lost to Masconomet, 5-0, in D2 North Final
6. Chelmsford (13-11); lost to Andover, 6-3, in D1 North Final
7. Peabody (17-6); lost to Andover, 3-1, in D1 North quarterfinals
8. Malden Catholic (12-9); lost to Andover, 4-0, in D1 North first round
9. Dracut (15-7); lost to Masconomet in D2 North semifinal, 2-1
T-10. Lowell Catholic (21-3); lost to Pope John, 4-3, in D4 state semifinals
T-10. North Reading (20-5); lost to Bellingham, 3-2, in D3 state semifinals
Saade’s Top 10 softball teams
1. Revere (20-6); lost to Bridgewater-Raynham, 3-1, in D1 state semifinals
2. Central Catholic (17-7); lost to Revere, 1-0, in D1 North semifinals
3. Tewksbury (18-7); lost to Bellingham, 3-2, in D2 state semifinals
4. Methuen (17-5); lost to Newton North, 3-1, in D1 North quarterfinals
5. Dracut (15-8); lost to Tewksbury, 4-1, in D2 North Final
6. Burlington (16-3); lost to Dracut, 11-1, in D2 North quarterfinals
7. Danvers (18-4); lost to Tewksbury, 6-1, in D2 North semifinals
8. Masconomet (18-3); lost to Boston Latin, 1-0, in D1 North first round
9. Chelmsford (15-6); lost to Revere, 7-6, in D1 North first round
10. St. Mary’s (17-8); lost to Greater New Bedford, 3-0, in D3 state semifinals