Jack Connolly , Bridgewater-Raynham: In a one-game week — a spring break special — for the Trojans, the sophomore pitcher spun a complete-game gem, allowing just five hits while striking out 10 in a 9-4 victory over New Bedford.
Ethan Forrest , East Bridgewater: In the midst of his complete game on the mound, the senior captain scored the game-tying run in the bottom of the sixth inning in what ended up being a 3-2 win over Division 1 Marshfield. Forrest finished with 12 strikeouts and allowed no earned runs.
Jenna Kalabach , East Bridgewater: The Vikings have won three in a row after dropping their season opener, thanks in large part to the freshman’s big game against Whitman-Hanson Tuesday: She cracked a double and a homer, knocking in four runs in an 8-2 victory.
David MacKinnon , Oliver Ames: The shortstop/pitcher is hitting .600 after his 4-for-7 performance, which included two doubles, three stolen bases, and three runs scored out of the leadoff hole, in wins over King Philip (5-1) and Canton (8-5). With the bases loaded and nobody out in the bottom of the seventh against Canton, he struck out three in a row before starting a game-winning rally.
Courtney Zambello , Cardinal Spellman: The 4-2 Cardinals are thoroughly enjoying the hurler’s junior campaign, particularly after she posted back-to-back no-hitters last week. The second, an 8-0 win over Wellesley, was highlighted by 15 strikeouts.
Healey’s Top 10 baseball teams
(Records through Tuesday with next game listed)
1. Walpole (4-1); Mon. vs. Milton, 3:45
2. Xaverian (3-3); Mon. vs. Brockton, 4
3. Silver Lake (5-0); Mon. at Middleborough, 4
4. Oliver Ames (4-0); Mon. vs. Stoughton, 3:30
5. Braintree (3-1); Mon. vs. Framingham, 3:45
6. Sharon (4-2); Mon. at Canton, 3:45
7. Middleborough (4-0); Mon. vs. Silver Lake, 4
8. Bridgewater-Raynham (4-0); Tues. at Dennis-Yarmouth, 4
9. Norwood (3-2); Mon. at Wellesley, 3:45
10. Archbishop Williams (4-0); Wed. vs. Bishop Fenwick, 3:30
Healey’s Top 10 softball teams
1. Bridgewater-Raynham (2-0); Mon. at Fontbonne, 3:45
2. Abington (5-1); Mon. vs. Notre Dame (Hingham), 3:30
3. Duxbury (5-1); Mon. vs. Scituate, 4
4. Avon (6-0); Mon. vs. Ursuline, 3:30
5. Norwood (3-0); Mon. vs. Wellesley, 3:45
6. Silver Lake (5-1); Mon. vs. Middleborough, 3:30
7. Apponequet (4-1); Mon. vs. Case, 3:30
8. Notre Dame (Hingham) (3-0); Mon. at Abington, 3:30
9. Hanover (3-1); Mon. at Quincy, TBD
10. Norton (4-0); Mon. vs. Ashland, 3:45
Game of the Week
Silver Lake baseball (5-0) at Middleborough (4-0), Monday, 4
This Patriot League Fisher Division-Keenan Division crossover matchup features a pair of teams that, through Wednesday, were undefeated. Senior pitcher Mike Lundin has been a horse for the visiting Lakers in the early going, including his two-hit complete game against Plymouth South on Tuesday, while getting balanced offense behind him. The Sachems, meanwhile, already have a few close wins, beating Wareham (2-1) and Hanover (3-1). Senior Alex Bean has been key on the mound and at the plate early.
Tim HealeyTim Healey can be reached at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @timbhealey.