Old Burial Hill has earned a spot on the National Register of Historic Places. The 5.12-acre cemetery, which is bounded by Church, School, and South Russell streets, made the list on Aug. 7, according to the register’s office. Burial Hill was once an important part of the village established by passengers of the Mayflower in 1620. It was the site of a Pilgrim fort until 1676, and then used as Plymouth’s main burial ground. Today it contains nearly 2,300 gravestones, the oldest headstone from 1681, the newest from 1957. The Plymouth Antiquarian Society hosts free guided tours of Burial Hill on the first Saturday of every month but January. The next tour is scheduled to start at 1 p.m. Sept. 7 and will be led by Donna D. Curtin, the society’s executive director. For more information, visit www.plymouthantiquariansociety.org or call 508-746-0012.