The town will get a visitor from the past next Sunday, when Captain Samuel Robbins “returns” home from sea to help Avon celebrate its 125th anniversary in the museum that bears his name. Robbins built the structure in 1820 and lived there until his vessel, Sharon, left Savannah, Ga., for Hamburg, Germany, in 1847 and was lost at sea. Robbins’s widow, Sally, raised their two sons in the house; the eldest, George, became one of Avon’s first selectmen when it separated from Stoughton to become an independent town. The house became a museum in 1970. “Captain Robbins” will entertain visitors with songs and stories from 2 to 4 p.m. No reservations are required, but seating is limited. The museum is located at 188 Main St., with public parking across the street. More information is available at www.blanchardstavern.com.