Sean Flaherty , Weymouth: A hat trick by the junior forward pushed the Wildcats past Bay State Conference foe Needham, 4-3, Saturday.
Nicole Johnson , Mansfield/Oliver Ames: Adding to her team-high 23 goals, the freshman forward scored four times in a 9-2 win over St. Joseph’s Prep/Mount Alvernia Friday.
Tom McNamara , Walpole: The senior center accounted for all three Rebels goals with an assist and two scores in a 3-2 bounceback win over Milton Saturday.
Casey Nunnelly , Nobles and Greenough: It took 17 saves for the senior goalie to notch her 12th shutout of the season in a 3-0 win over Westminster Saturday.
Jack Sheehan , Norwood: Tallying six points in a 9-1 win over Dedham, the senior captain forward had three goals and three assists as his Mustangs qualified for the Division 1 state tournament last Thursday.
Feldman’s Top 10 boys’ teams
(Records through Sunday, with next game listed)
1. Xaverian (7-3-6); Sat., vs. Matignon, 4 p.m. (Stoneham)
2. Milton (13-3-1); Sat., at Dedham, 6:30 p.m.
3. Duxbury (11-2-3); Sat., vs. Arlington Catholic, 1 p.m. (Falmouth)
4. Archbishop Williams (8-5-2); Sat., vs. Hingham, 3 p.m. (Falmouth)
5. Braintree (11-4-1); Sat., at Weymouth, 5 p.m.
6. Marshfield (10-6-0); Sat., at Peabody, 4 p.m.
7. Oliver Ames (10-4-2); Sat., vs. Medfield, 2 p.m. (Brockton)
8. Hingham (6-9-2); Sat., vs. Archbishop Williams, 3 p.m. (Falmouth)
9. Norwood (10-4-3); Sat., vs. Walpole, 4 p.m. (Canton)
10. North Quincy (8-4-2); Sat., vs. Quincy, 8:20 p.m.
Feldman’s Top 10 girls’ teams
1. Duxbury (11-0-4); Sat., vs. Norwell, 6:40 p.m. (Kingston)
2. Westwood (8-2-4); Fri., vs. Medway/Ashland, 5:30 p.m. (Canton)
3. Hingham (8-6-4); Tue., vs. Woburn, 6 p.m.
4. Archbishop Williams (11-4-1); Fri., at St. Mary’s (Lynn), 7 p.m.
5. Norwood (9-4-2); Sat., at Walpole, 6 p.m.
6. Braintree (10-4-3); Sat., vs. Weymouth, 6 p.m. (Randolph)
7. Dedham (9-4-1); Sat., at Milton, 6 p.m.
8. Whitman-Hanson/Pembroke (12-3-1); Thurs., vs. Fontbonne Academy, 4 p.m. (Quincy)
9. Cohasset/Hanover (8-3-3); Thurs., vs. Latin Academy, 1:30 p.m. (Pembroke)
10. Fontbonne Academy (6-7-3); Thurs., vs. Whitman-Hanson/Pembroke, 4 p.m. (Quincy)
Game of the Week
Westwood girls vs. Medway/Ashland, Friday, 5:30 p.m., Canton
The top two teams in SEMGHL West were slated to play last Wednesday before the game was snowed out. The matchup has not lost its luster since then though, as both teams still entered the week undefeated in league play after tying in their first matchup. Junior Kat Heidelberger and sophomore Allie Damren have emerged to provide the Wildcats depth behind the top line of seniors Kim Egizi, Ela Hazar, and Kelly Healey. Westwood’s young players will have to come up big if they are going to bounce back from two losses last week (the team’s first two losses of the year) and take another step toward a division title.
Jacob FeldmanJacob Feldman can be reached at email@example.com.