Emily Barnard , Wayland: In a game against Ipswich High that included 35 total goals, the freshman was the difference, scoring seven times to propel the Warriors to a 20-15 win and keep their undefeated record intact.
Sam Cleveland , Arlington: The junior found the net four times as the Spy Ponders pumped in a season-high 14 goals in a win over Dracut.
Hannah Dudley , Concord-Carlisle: Emerging as one of the area’s sensational freshmen, she scored five times to lead the Patriots to a 12-8 win over Masconomet Regional.
Matt Dziama , Wellesley: The junior midfielder and University of Virginia recruit was strong on both sides of the ball, adding three goals and two assists during the Coaches’ Challenge Cup last weekend, when the Raiders took third place.
Kendyl Finelli and Hannah Lindgren , Medfield: Against a feisty Algonquin Regional squad, the Warriors battled to a 9-6 win thanks to two goals apiece from Finelli, a sophomore, and Lindgren, a senior.
Mastrodonato’s Top 10 boys’ teams
(Records through Monday, next game listed)
1. Lincoln-Sudbury Regional (7-0); Thursday at Waltham
2. Needham (7-1); Friday at Braintree
3. Medfield (8-0); Friday vs. Dover-Sherborn
4. Acton-Boxborough Regional (9-1); Thursday at Concord-Carlisle
5. Wellesley (4-4); Friday vs. Milton
6. Concord-Carlisle (4-4); Thursday vs. Acton-Boxborough Regional
7. Dover-Sherborn (5-3); Friday at Medfield
8. St. John’s High (6-1); Thursday vs. St. Peter- Marian
9. Newton North (6-2); Friday at Framingham
10. Algonquin Regional (5-1); Thursday vs. North Middlesex Regional
Mastrodonato’s Top 10 girls’ teams
1. Needham (6-1); Friday vs. Braintree
2. Medfield (7-1); Friday at Dover-Sherborn
3. Framingham (3-3); Monday at Andover
4. Dover-Sherborn (6-0); Friday vs. Medfield
5. Hopkinton (5-1); Friday vs. Westwood
6. Lincoln-Sudbury Regional (2-3); Thursday vs. Weston
7. Franklin (4-2); Monday at Foxborough
8. Wayland (5-0-1); Thursday at Waltham
9. Acton-Boxborough Regional (3-2-1); Thursday vs. Concord-Carlisle
10. Algonquin Regional (4-3); Thursday at North Middlesex Regional
Boys’ Game to Watch
Acton-Boxborough (9-1) at Concord-Carlisle (4-4), Thursday, 4 p.m.: The Acton-Boxborough Colonials lost some of the area’s most talented players to graduation last spring, but an athletic group looks to keep them surging against the Patriots, who are still trying to find their way.