A Vermont bridge left in a town landfill for nearly 50 years has been restored. The bridge in North Bennington has been narrowed for pedestrian use and has been moved to a side trail to the Mile-Around Woods. It replaces a small wooden bridge over a stream in a horse pasture. The Bennington Banner reported that the original bridge was 48 feet long and designed by Thomas Moseley in 1857. It carried sleighs and buggies and eventually motor vehicles over the Walloomsac River from the Civil War to the late 1950s, until the town replaced it. The newly restored bridge is believed to be one of two remaining Moseley bridges in the country, the other being at Merrimack College in North Andover, Mass.