PARIS — President Emmanuel Macron’s environment minister on Thursday vigorously denied a report of alleged sexual misconduct that occurred earlier in his career.
Nicolas Hulot said the allegations are putting him in a ‘‘crazy rage.’’
French magazine Ebdo is publishing a report Friday saying that two women had accused Hulot of misconduct early in his career. The report claims that Hulot abandoned two potential presidential bids out of fear that the accusations would become public.
Hulot acknowledged on BFM that a woman had filed a legal complaint against him in 2008 for alleged sexual misconduct in 1997. According to Ebdo, the woman said Hulot forced her to have sex in one of his homes when she was 20 and he was 42.
Ebdo says another woman accused him of sexual wrongdoing and was allegedly paid to keep silent.