The Celtics have finalized their roster for the NBA’s Orlando summer league, which begins next weekend, and their team will be headlined by 2014 first-round picks Marcus Smart and James Young, league sources told the Globe Saturday.
The Celtics open summer league July 5 against the Oklahoma City Thunder at the Magic’s practice facility. They’ll also play July 7 against Indiana, July 9 against Detroit and July 10 against Orlando. There will be a championship game July 11. Assistant Jay Larranaga, will coach the team for the second straight year.
Games will be televised on NBA TV.
Smart, the Oklahoma State guard whom the Celtics selected No. 6 overall this year, and Young, the Kentucky guard whom they selected 17th, will make their Celtics debuts. Kelly Olynyk, the former Gonzaga standout and Celtics’ 2013 first-round pick, will also play on the team for the second straight summer.
Celtics forward Jared Sullinger is expected to travel with the team to Orlando, but it’s unclear if he will play.
Among the other players on the team, which will begin working out at the Celtics’ practice facility in Waltham this coming week:
• 6-foot-8 power forward O.D. Anosike, 23, a former Siena College standout who led the NCAA in rebounding (12.5 per game) in 2011-12 and in 2012-13 (11.4). After going undrafted, he played part of last season with Pesaro, an Italian pro team, averaging 14.3 points and 13.1 rebounds over 30 games.
• 6-5 Celtics shooting guard Chris Babb, 24, who played 14 games last season, averaging 1.6 points. Babb signed with the Celtics last season after playing on a pair of 10-day contracts, but his deal is nonguaranteed for the upcoming season.
• 6-4 Latvian shooting guard Dairis Bertans, 24, who averaged 10.3 points per game for the Spanish professional team Bilbao Basket last season.
• 6-10 center Daniel Coursey, 22, who played for Mercer College, averaging 10.1 points and 6.4 rebounds for the Bears last season.
• 6-3 French shooting guard Edwin Jackson, 24, who averaged a team-high 18 points per game for the French team ASVEL Lyon-Villeurbanne last season.
• 6-6 Celtics shooting guard Chris Johnson, 24, who averaged 6.3 points in 40 games last season. Johnson signed with the Celtics last season after playing on a pair of 10-day contracts, but his deal is nonguaranteed for the upcoming season.
• 7-footer Colton Iverson, the Celtics’ 2013 second-round draft pick (53 overall) out of Colorado State. Iverson played for the Turkish squad Besiktas last season, averaging 7.2 points and 4.8 rebounds over 17 minutes per game in 47 appearances between his Turkish season and EuroCup.
• 6-8 forward Mike Moser, 23, who played for the University of Oregon, averaging 13.2 points and 7.7 rebounds per game with the Ducks last season.
• 6-7 forward Devin Oliver, 21, who played for the University of Dayton, averaging 11.9 points and 7.4 rebounds per game for the Flyers last season.
• 5-11 Celtics point guard Phil Pressey, 23, who averaged 2.8 points in 75 games last season. Pressey was an undrafted free agent out of Missouri who signed with the team last season after playing for its summer league squad.
Follow Baxter Holmes on Twitter@BaxterHolmes.