It was an innocent pitch, the type you see on every last-gasp, end-of-half/game play. Most of the time, those plays don’t work.
This time it did.
Globe photographer Jim Davis’s images perfectly captured the final moments of the Patriots’ stunning 34-33 loss to the Dolphins on Sunday.
Here’s a look:
1. DeVante Parker was just looking to find a way to keep the play alive, so . . .
2. . . . he tossed it to Kenyan Drake, who snagged it.
3. Drake was off to the races. Here, he beat Rob Gronkowski en route to the end zone.
4. Two Patriots defenders gave it their best effort to nab Drake before the goal line.
5. He scored, anyway. And J.C. Jackson, who had Parker in his sights early on, was distraught.