Designing a spa-like bathroom
This North Shore space is as peaceful as its surroundings.
Tucked away on a private lot, this North Shore home overlooks a serene, secluded lake. When the homeowners decided to expand, their wish list included a spacious new master suite. The attached bathroom would have an idyllic, peaceful vibe to mirror the tranquil lake setting. “The owners wanted the room to have the feel of a spa-like retreat,” says interior designer Bo Perkins, who created the scheme around a quiet palette and natural finishes. Contemporary elements set a refined, streamlined vibe. With lovely, unfettered views of the lake, the room feels peaceful and rejuvenating.
1. Walls are painted a soothing pale hue, Benjamin Moore Gray Cashmere.
2. Windows are unadorned to maximize light and views.
3. To connect to the home’s natural setting, Perkins selected Athens Silver Cream marble tile by Ann Sacks in various sizes to sheath the floor, shower wall and ceiling, vanity backsplash, and tub surround.
4. The brushed nickel shower head has a touch pad on the outside wall that allows the homeowners to set their desired water temperature and flow. “When you get in the shower, you hit your setting and it’s instantly ready,” says Perkins.
5. The sizable shower has a quartz bench and a wonderful view through the glass enclosure to the lake.
6. A ceramic garden stool offers an attractive perch to place small items next to the tub.
7. The clean-lined floating vanity by Wetstyle is made of dark-stained wenge wood. “Three deep drawers offer storage,” says Perkins.
8. The trough sink is a modern interpretation of a 19th-century rustic version.
9. Tall rectangular Restoration Hardware mirrors bounce light around the room.
10. Sconces by Hudson Valley repeat the angular shape of the mirrors, sink, and vanity.