When the Packers fell to the Lions on Sunday night, it sent the Seahawks into the playoffs as the No. 7 seed in the NFC.
And with that, the 2023 NFL playoff schedule is set.
Sunday’s 1 p.m. NFL slate was packed with stakes in the AFC. The Patriots, Steelers, and Dolphins were all in position to snag No. 7 seed and the final playoff spot before Miami clinched its first postseason berth since 2016 on a 50-yard field goal in the final minute.
The wild-card round will feature games on Saturday (4:30 and 8:15), Sunday (1, 4, and 8:15), and Monday (8:15 p.m.). The Sunday night game will be on NBC/Peacock and the Monday night game will be on ESPN/ABC/ESPN+.
Here are the matchups.
AFC playoffs: seeding and wild-card schedule
No. 1: Chiefs (14-3) (bye)
No. 5 Chargers (10-7) at No. 4 Jaguars (9-8): Saturday, Jan. 14, 8:15 p.m., NBC
No. 6 Ravens (10-7) at No. 3 Bengals (12-4): Sunday, Jan. 15, 8:15 p.m., NBC
No. 7 Dolphins (9-8) at No. 2 Bills (13-3): Sunday, Jan. 15, 1 p.m., CBS
NFC playoffs: seeding and wild-card schedule
No. 1 seed: Eagles (14-3) (bye)
No. 5 Cowboys (12-5) at No. 4 Buccaneers (8-9): Monday, Jan. 16, 8 p.m., ESPN/ABC
No. 6 Giants (9-7-1) at No. 3 Vikings (13-4): Sunday, Jan. 15, 4:30 p.m., Fox
No. 7 Seahawks (9-8) at No. 2 49ers (13-4): Saturday, Jan. 14, 4:30 p.m., Fox
2023 NFL playoffs schedule
AFC Divisional Round: Saturday, Jan. 21, and Sunday, Jan. 22, date and network TBD
NFC Divisional Round: Saturday, Jan. 21, and Sunday, Jan. 22, date and network TBD
AFC Championship Game: Sunday, Jan. 29 (TBD, CBS)
NFC Championship Game: Sunday, Jan. 29 (TBD, Fox)
Super Bowl LVII
Sunday, Feb. 12 (6:30 p.m., Fox)
Read more from Patriots-Bills
- Instant analysis: Patriots came to play, but season-long problems haunt them in loss to Bills
- Dan Shaughnessy: The Patriots were not going to beat the inspired Bills, not on this day, as Buffalo honored Damar Hamlin
- Christopher L. Gasper: This outcome was inevitable. It should help the Patriots initiate necessary changes.
- Patriots’ season ends in a familiar place — in Buffalo — but with a mind-numbing breakdown on special teams
- How it happened: Patriots’ season ends after allowing two kick returns for TDs in 35-23 loss to Buffalo
- See the 2023 NFL playoff schedule
- With the Patriots’ season over, we now know who they play next year. See their 2023 opponents.
- Damar Hamlin’s recovery is something to celebrate in Buffalo — and they’re certainly celebrating
- Bill Belichick stays mum on curious Jake Bailey, Jack Jones suspensions
- While these Patriots remain focused on this season, changes are inevitable moving forward
Amin Touri can be reached at email@example.com. Brendan Kurie can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.